Pet sitting or house sitting is someone caring for a pet in its own home while the owner is away. Dog boarding is caring for pets in the sitter's own home and is usually overnight - or doggie daycare.
PetCloud is a website where pet owners can search a national network of trusted pet sitters who offer pet care services in their own home, or yours. Part-owned by RSPCA Queensland, a portion of the profits are returned to RSPCA Tasmania.
The advantages of PetCloud pet sitting (over other petcare options):
1. Pets are happier and experience less stress in a home environment.
2. Diet and exercise routines are continued.
3. Travel trauma for the pet is minimised.
4. Pet exposure to illness is minimised.
Pet owners often use pet sitters when they go on holiday, travel for business, work long hours or are too sick or injured to care for their pet(s). Petsitters set their own prices on PetCloud and offer a variety of services.
What does a PetCloud pet sitter do?
- Feeding the pets and changing their water bowls
- Dog walking exercise and play time
- Cleaning litter boxes and cleaning up pet messes
- Dog washing and grooming
- Round trips to the vet to get vaccinations
- Doggie daycare for puppies, anxious pets or sick pets needing supervision
What makes PetCloud different?
Our pets are important to us and we understand that each pet owner wants to feel assured that their pet is in really good hands.
- When you book through PetCloud, part of the profits go directly back to RSPCA Tasmania.
- There is a mandatory background police check of sitters who want to offer house sitting with PetCloud.
- Ther are Animal Cruelty Register cross-checks on all pet-sitters.
- RSPCA "backyard checklist" to help owners and sitters understand standards of care.
- Pet-sitter support manuals and videos.
- RSPCA accredited animal care courses.
- Pet vaccination reminders.
- Pet holiday tags.
- Pet GPS tracker available for purchase.
- Pet-sitting and care services.
- Up to $20M Insurance cover.
- Animal emergency service network.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions about PetCloud